<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8593654?origin\x3dhttp://seri-licious.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



ayuuu!
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
the dued.
Friday, October 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been very lazy lately. To all those who've been pestering me to update, this will be a very long entry okaay, i swear.

So before i start to share with you my grandnanny stories, I'd like to wish all Muslims Selamat Hari Raya. I'd like to also take this opportunity to seek for forgiveness for any wrongdoings that i've done throughout the whole year, be it intentional or not (:

Anyway, my past weeks have been gooood. From attachments, to spring-cleaning to the big day itself.

SEPTEMBER 17TH-21ST / The start of the obstetric attachment at KKH Ward 81. I've always loved attachments. Especially when the attachments' during his holidays. His here is, of course, referring to the boyfriend. It's nice to be getting calls from him before and after work, slack and break time included. On days that i'm on morning, he'll be the one to stay up from sahur just to accompany me over the phone, til i reach the ward. Meanwhile on days i'm on afternoon, he'll be the one to wake me up just so i can reach work on time. You know you won't get that very often from him. And somehow it gives you the motivation to work.

Cos in KKH, that's all you'll ever need. This place may be full of adorable kids and chubby babies, and you can do whatever you want or disappear to wherever you wish cos no Tom, Dick, nor Harry is going to reprimand you. But hey, life in here sucks. Well, things only started to get better after i made "friends" with the ENs and midwives. Heh.

In this ward i've seen how supportive and caring a husband can be towards his wife, how a first-time father carried his newborn, how a first-time mother does breastfeeding, and how some parents can be so _____ (fill in the blank) and keep bombarding me with questions that i supposed even my sister can answer. I've also seen how meconium stools looked like, felt how gooey a placenta can be, and needless to say, learnt the art of multi-tasking which is to SMS while feeding a neonate.

SEPTEMBER 24TH-OCTOBER 05TH / I survived the two weeks in Ward 55. I'm so over with the 8 hours of standing with absolutely nothing to do. I no longer need to deal with difficult parents. I no longer have to be worried if the gastroenteritis bug gets me. And i too, no longer wish to be posted there again.

Okay so the story goes like this, I thought, well all of us thought that there will be more things to do in a paediatric setting. My group had expected something more since ours' a surgical ward. Unfortunately, that was not to be. We are allowed to do almost nothing. Nothing but observations and admissions. My favourite above all. And yes, i was being sarcastic. Apparently i have this label across my forehead which says, "Hello, i'm free! You want me to do admissions for which bed now?" Each time i finished admitting one patient, a SN comes up to me to pass me a few other admissions. And it turned out that i'm doing it for the whole ward. How cool.. not. I think they need to employ an 'admissions' nurse. If there's a 'wound' nurse, then maybe they should do the same for this so i can come and apply to become one too ehh.

The interesting bit about this attachment was that i get to see rare cases like foreign body ingestion, hypospadias and ingrown toe nail infection. Plus, both our CIs were very nice somehow i wished i had this kind of treatment in TTSH.

SEPTEMBER 28TH / Break fast with 5/6 thesingles at Makmur Restaurant. I met Ath at Hougang Interchange before taking a bus to the place. We came just minutes before buka and the food were already waiting for us on the table. Hehe. After dinner, we walked all over Geylang before making our way home. The day would be nicer had Tisha come to join us.

OCTOBER 9TH / I mrt-ed to KKH in the evening to bring food for the boyfriend to break fast. I thought i was late, since i came just slightly past buka time. Eventually somebody was later. And i find it weird to be seeing him in the grounds of KKH with the 'nursing student' tag on. Heh. We found ourselves seats in Kopitiam to break fast, and later his friends came to join us. I waited for him to finish work and we went home together. Sweeet.

OCTOBER 13TH-14TH / Say hello to all the pretty people, green packets, and good food for the big day is finally here. And ohh, meet my little cous Nadirah who's of Malaysian nationality. She's only two by the way. Heh. Anyway, the two days before school reopens was well-spent with families from both sides. It's nice to see people like my dad wearing the baju kurung, cos you won't get to see him in that for the rest of the year. It's interesting too to see the change in all the cousins who went through extreme makeovers just for the big day. Okaay, maybe not really extreme laa but you know laa kan. At least, i don't ask expired questions like "eh, where's your braces?" when three years ago that someone have had it removed.

Okay that's it. I'll continue whenever. Good end, nights!

ayuuu!