For the first time in so many months, both
Hilman and me took the EW train. Yes, all these while we have been driving (either his or mine) to go to places. It was raining and I waited for him patiently at the interchange, and then he appeared with an umbrella in hand and ears plugged to his mp3.
We ate at White Sands before we finally took the train. The moment we step foot on the platform, I was
quite very puzzled when I saw the word 'Joo Koon' instead of the usual 'Boon Lay' on the board. So I asked
Hilman, thinking that maybe he knows since he lives in the area.
... You, just where the hell is joo koon?Huh, just what are you talking about?(pointing at the electronic screen) There, it says departing to Joo Koon in 1 min.He went silent, probably thinking of what bullcrap explanation to give me. We board the train anyway, only to know that he too have no idea about it. He looked for the map pasted near the door and showed me, "There, Joo Koon." Apparently it was an extension of the MRT line. We too realised that the map has been replaced with a new one, complete with yellow line and all. Sumpah we looked so dumb standing down there macam first time naik train.
But the trip was worth it. Yea, although I don't get to adjust the aircon like I always do while in the car, it still feels good. For once, he need not concentrate like when he's on the road. And somehow it relived the good old days; those times when the both of us went for dates, the days he would pick me up from attachment/school and sending me to driving pracs. Ah, how I miss those days.
I think I talk too much. Goodbye.