<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8593654?origin\x3dhttp://seri-licious.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



ayuuu!
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
From an observer's point of view
Monday, May 25, 2009, 6:32 PM
Just some thoughts to share.

#1: I'm working here as a nurse, hello!
Like any other days, I'd go to work in my uniform. Like any other days too, I'd go through the screening booth before going up to the ward. However, one fine morning a security officer requested me to show my staff card before I can proceed. Since I don't have it with me yet, I just flashed my badge with the practising cert attached to it. Then, thinking I was dumb, he said, "No, your GREEN card." in a demanding manner. I mean I know how it looks like, it's just that I have not own one yet. I had to explain this and that to him before he allowed me to go up. Probably he's forgotten how a nurse uniform looks like. Or maybe, he needs some entertainment amidst his boring job cos this was how he asked me at first, "Staff, can I see your staff card?" (!) And for that, he just wasted 10 minutes of my life.

#2: Moving at the speed of light.
Several friends told me that I walked too fast. According to Farhanna, she has to somewhat jog to keep up with my pace. I thought she was exaggerating, only to realise that she's not. I was walking on the linkway to NEL from the EW line at Outram, and I noticed that I've overtaken most of the people that were ahead of me. And I wasn't even in a rush to get to somewhere. Sound pretty much like a typical Singaporean?

#3: Please be gentle to me, I'm only a girl.
I could have shouted back at you if you were my guy friend, tell you things you don't wanna hear if you were my boyfriend and slapped you if you were my little brother. If only running away can solve all problems, I won't mind running all day.

#4: Give way to bicycles buses only.
I am not being bias towards cyclists, but sometimes they're just too much. The other day while waiting for my bus, a cyclist sounded his bell several times to those people standing at the bus stop to make way for him. That is NOT a cycling path to begin with. Another incident was along the sheltered walkway leading to the housing estates. This lady cyclist was following closely behind a woman and her kid, at the same time trying to squeeze her bike through so that she can overtake them. These people are seriously not aware of the harm that they may pose to others. Tell me, how else do you educate them?

ayuuu!