<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8593654?origin\x3dhttp://seri-licious.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



ayuuu!
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
the ugly duckling.
Thursday, May 06, 2010, 3:56 PM
Day 3 at home. I am coping well. Alhamdulilah. The past two days were hellish. I had felt so horrible then. There's so little I can do on my own. And I'm not at all used to it. I am a perfectionist and it's kinda hard for me to adapt to the changes. I tried to put on a strong front but only Hilman knew how terribly shattered I was. He tried to console me although I knew deep down he felt the pinch too. Now I was able to walk around with no assistance. And I managed to shower today. Wrapping up the bandaged areas was a chore but I know I'll soon get used to it.

At present I'm trying to be friends with the cast over my left arm and the splint over my right arm. Both are equally annoying. I am not able to do much and I get tired easily if I try too hard. It gets itchy too on and off. And with them on too I looked like a walking mummy. I get stares from people each time I walked past them. For the more nosey ones they'd ask "You had a fall?" And then with a crooked smile I told them "No I had an accident."

It feels sucky to be unintentionally reminded of the incident. With scars present on my face I automatically became socially unacceptable. I knew I would be treated differently once I stepped out of the hospital. And I was prepared. In my mind I knew I was going to get well.

What else.. my wounds. I've been doing my own dressing for the light abrasions. So far so good. I hope it'll dry up soon so I no longer have to cut and paste and cut and paste. I'll be going for stitch removal on the 15th. Really not looking forward to it. I've seen my patients groaning in pain while I did the STO for them. It was horrible.

Okay. I don't know what else to type. I miss eating icecream and noodles. And I really hope they'll fix my incisors soon.

ayuuu!