Watching TV shows like
Hawthorne Grey's Anatomy and
Three Rivers makes me want to go back to work. But it will be two months before I can do so. That was the estimation made by the orthopaedic doctor when I visited him yesterday.
I had thought so too cos it was only yesterday that I had the K wire removed. Of which reminds me; removal was a painful experience. They had called a supposed 'expert' in removing wires. Upon entering the treatment room I was greeted by a man in a "4000" (repair men in SGH are informally called 4000) suit. His nametag reads technician. And he only had a pair of pliers with him. Imagine the anxiety I had then. And then the next few minutes were "hell". With all his strength he tried to pull out the first wire. First attempt: fail! By then my whole little finger was aching. He went on for his second and failed too! This time round the aching pain began to radiate to the rest of my fingers. And then he left the room to get the doctor. The doctor soon came and in less than a minute the two fish-hook like wires were out. After the whole procedure I just sat there and cried. At the same time feeling pissed at the technician's unprofessional act. I am so not a machine you toot.
Good thing the wire's out. Now please promise me little finger that you will recover fast. I really really need you in order to resume work ):